The International Association for the History of Religions (IAHR) is offering bursaries towards travel expenses, accommodation, and conference registration for the EASR Conference in Vilnius. There are five bursaries of up to €400 each. We invite applications from conference attendees who are: research students or young/junior scholars from Ukraine.
Bursary details and application process:
- Individual bursaries are not intended to cover the total costs for attendance at an EASR conference. They can be redeemed against exclusively the registration fee to the EASR conference, the travel to the conference site, or the accommodation. No other expenses or costs will be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement will take place only after the conference upon presentation of the original documents (receipt of registration fee, flight or train/bus ticket(s), student accommodation or hotel receipt). In the event that less than this amount is spent by the applicant, the bursary amount paid will correspond to the actual costs incurred.
- The applicant must be a member of a fully paid-up national association of the IAHR, or a fully paid-up individual member where there is no such association.
- The applicant must have a paper or panel accepted for the conference.
In order to apply, the applicant must send an email stating the details of their accepted paper/panel plus:
- A one page academic CV.
- A letter of recommendation from an officer within a national association of the IAHR (Applicants who are individual members of the EASR do not need to send a letter of recommendation).
- AND if the applicant is a student, s/he must also provide a letter of support from his/her academic supervisor or a senior scholar in their research field endorsing the quality of his/her application.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, April 30, 2023. Information stating the details of accepted paper/panel, CVs and recommendation letters should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of the outcome via e-mail no later than Monday, May 15, 2023.